TATTOO AFTER CARE
1. Remove the bandage in 3 - 4 hours.
DO NOT RE-BANDAGE
2. Wash your tattoo frequently with anti-bacterial soap and hot water. Blot dry with a clean, lint free paper towel. DO NOT USE ANYTHING ABRASIVE!!! Your fingertips work best. (The more frequently your attoo is cleaned the better it will heal.)
3. Do not soak your tattoo or expose it to salt, chlorinated or fresh water for at least three weeks. Your tattoo must be fully healed before you can go swimming.
4. Apply either Lubriderm, Curel, or a similar neutral, fragrance free, aloe free lotion to the tattoo throughout the day with freshly washed hands. A little bit goes a long way. DO NOT OVER MOISTURIZE, TOO MUCH LOTION CAN DAMAGE A NEW TATTOO!!!
5. DO NOT EXPOSE YOUR NEW TATTOO TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT FOR THREE WEEKS (THAT INCLUDES ARTIFICIAL TANNING BEDS)
After it is healed, avoid sun contact on your tattoo to prevent color fading and insure line clarity. If sun cannot be avoided apply a good sunblock (30 spf or better) to the tattoo.
6. Tattoos peel slightly during the healing process and itch like a sunburn. THIS IS NORMAL!!! DO NOT PICK OR SCRATCH OR BE OVERLY FUSSY WITH IT!!! Leave it alone and let your skin heal.
For questions call: Hold Steady Tattoo (401) 821-0968